The CECPTA Preschool Community Development Grant Program
The Carrollton Early Childhood PTA is a 501(C)(3) organization dedicated to providing activities, support, friendships and education for parents of children ages newborn through preschool. We currently maintain programs for over 185 families in the area and are a part of the same network of PTAs that you find in public schools. Since our children are babies, toddlers and preschoolers, our focus is geared for this age range.
We’re seeking to support a program that educates preschool aged children between 0-6 years of age within the limits of $1,500 in the Carrollton/Farmers Branch area through our newly created Carrollton Early Childhood PTA Preschool Community Development Grant Program. Our mission is to secure the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education for local preschool aged children by funding a project that supports local educators and inspires them to create meaningful, innovative and practical educational experiences.
Eligibility guidelines to be considered for this grant:
- Must operate as an early childhood educator in the Carrollton/Farmers Branch area. Programs do not have to be part of a preschool to qualify.
- Must need $1,500 to support an idea or program that supports physical, mental, social & spiritual education
Can provide a clear plan for the use of the grant and be able to provide all necessary documents and letters of support for the application process. Plan goals should be clearly defined as:
- Time Framed
Timeline for application and awards:
- January 1, 2020 : Online Application Forms Open
- February 29, 2020: Deadline to Submit Applications Online
- March 15, 2020: Finalists are Chosen
- April 1, 2020: Letters of Support and Supplemental Information Deadline
- April 20, 2020: Award Notification
- May 2020: Official Award Presented
- May 2021: Recipient Presents a Final Presentation of how they used the Grant
Our applications will only be accepted online, please see www.cecpta.org/grant for the official link on Jan 1, 2020 when forms are open.
One grant is awarded per year for the length of one year. Must apply every year for consideration for funding. We do not offer multiyear funding at this time.
Applications are reviewed by the Grant Committee of the Carrollton Early Childhood PTA which includes at least 2 members of the executive board and an additional 3-5 members of the PTA. Applicants will be judged on their ability to use their funds for their programs in terms of specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and time framed goals. Implementation plans, methods of the evaluation of success and any ancillary information will be reviewed and critiqued using an objective rating scale.
The winner will be presented the award and also need to follow the rules of acceptance attached in the award letter. Requirements include, but are not limited to, site visits, financial and program documentation and a final presentation to the Carrollton Early Childhood PTA of how funding impacted the program.
Not at this time