If you’re like me then you haven’t been on a real date in a year, which stinks, obviously, but I’m here to help you think outside of the box. The hubs and I really needed to get back in the dating groove when COVID struck, but we weren’t comfortable going out, so, we blew up the air mattress in the living room after putting the kids to sleep and cuddled up while watching a movie and drinking some bubbly. We laughed and relaxed – and isn’t that what dating is about? Date your spouse! Date your spouse like you are courting them. Use these ideas to come up with your next at-home date night!
1. Don’t want to plan a date? That’s okay, try a Happily Date Night box for $39.99 per date not including tax + shipping or their digital date night for $7.99 per date. [money saving hack: you can try the digital for free on their website] Each date is delivered on the 15th of every month with a five star pre planned date. The best part about Happily is that they allow you to customize your box based on your own personal preferences; likes, dislikes, personalities, and any dietary restrictions (for the included snacks).
2. Try stargazing! Put the nuggets to sleep and take a blanket outside to stargaze with your honey. Enjoy the music nature makes and the beauty of the universe. Or … if you’re like me – head over to Amazon to buy a planetarium like machine that shows the stars on your ceiling. Either way works to create romance.
3. Copy the hubs and I! Pull out your air mattress or just lay in your own bed [depending on where the kids sleep] and put on your favorite binge, such as; Greys Anatomy, Bridgerton, or New Girl. If you don’t have a binge, well get one, and if not, enjoy a movie. Make some popcorn and grab some wine. If you’re feeling fancy you can up your popcorn game with some nutella, peanut butter, and M&M’s.
4. Cooking a meal together can be so much fun. Play some music to get you in the mood, pour some wine, and chef away with your other half. Hello Fresh is actually a great option for this because you can get creative together with a provided recipe and all of the supplies you need. Yes, please.
5. While you may be laughing while reading this, I am dead serious. Have a nerf war with your significant other. Get down and dirty, laugh and let go. Being parents is not easy, letting go is even harder so take a minute and be the kids you were before your kids. It’s basically like paintball, but without the pain and in your home.
6. Play a game! Amazon has tons of couples games that are not super expensive, the one pictured is only $8.95. This game is rated four stars on Amazon and brings some fun into date night with 50 naughty truths and risqué dares – so the real question is – are you ready to learn something new about your partner?
7. This is another date box, it is not as highly rated, but can be found on Amazon for $39.95. Each box is unique and comes with some sort of DIY or activity/game. The photo featured below is a past box.
8. The last subscription box to note is Unbox. This one runs at $42 and every box comes with a snack + activity. I scoured the internet, but could only find photos, they like to create suspense on what comes in the box, but the ratings are great.
So, the point: date nights can be simple. You don’t have to go out to have a fun date night – you just have to use your imagination. Now go, go have some fun with your significant other.💋
About the Author
Lauren is a mom of two kids, Wyatt (4) & Audrey (1) … & the fur baby, also known as the OG, Luna Bella. (Oh & Mustard the fish). She is married to one heck of a guy, Troy, who she met in college. She has a Bachelors in Behavioral Analysis and a Masters in Social Work, currently she is navigating the life of a full time working mom as a hospice social worker for Centric, but has also juggled the jobs of stay at home mom & work at night mom. She is the red playgroup coordinator and a member of the yellow playgroup. She loves cold brew, crafting, reading, and margarita nights with the hubs.