Ways to help our Texas neighbors: Winter Storm 2021
Mutual aid fund Organizations
providing housing, food, and other support systems to those in need.
Donate to Food Banks:
Find local food banks by zip code on Feeding Texas
- The Food Pantry is open Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Metrocrest Services (13801 Hutton Drive, Suite 150, Farmers Branch) will accept food donations at its food pantry on Friday, February 19 from noon to 4 p.m., and Saturday, February 20 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Metrocrest Services is also accepting monetary donations online at any time. Go to www.metrocrestservices.org/donate
- For details on obtaining food, call 972-446-2100
To help the homeless and Displaced:
Donate to national organizations:
American Red Cross in North Texas
Donate to disaster relief organizations activated to help in Texas:
Participate in AirBnB’s “Open Homes” program if you live in or near Texas.
More Ways to Help:
Looking for help?
Check out this crowdsourced document of resources, openings and closures, warming shelters, and more.
- Individual Assistance https://www.fema.gov/assistance/individual
- FEMA Helpline: 1-800-621-3362 (711 or Video Relay Service Available)
- TTY: 1-800-462-7585
- Call 7am to 11pm ET
Visit disasterassistance.gov To update and track your application, or call 1-800-745-0243 to get help with:
- Access to your account
- Lost or forgotten user ID, password or pin
- Errors or other site-related problems
The warming center and overnight shelter at Newman Smith High School will be relocated to Rosemeade Recreation Center (1330 E. Rosemeade Parkway) at 3 p.m. on Friday, February 19. Shelter operations will be evaluated on a daily basis to determine if it is still needed.
For updates, check www.cityofcarrollton.com and https://www.cityofcarrollton.com/about-us/connect-with-us/social-media